Deadline: January 31, 2012 (Registration). Grants between $10K-$50K to support nonprofit and public archives to preserve significant examples of America’s avant-garde film heritage. Info and app:
Deadline: March 1, 2012. Grants between $25K-$150K for projects that transform communities into lively, beautiful, and sustainable places with the arts at their core. Applications must reflect a partnership between a nonprofit arts organization and local government entity. Visit NEA website for guidelines, application procedures, examples of funded projects, and details on upcoming Our Town webinars at
– who are making major contributions in China. Full Article:
Will fund four women-led projects that will rock the world of journalism. Grants will be awarded to U.S.-based individuals who have original ideas to create new Web sites, mobile news services or other entrepreneurial initiatives that offer interactive opportunities to engage, inspire and improve news and information in a geographic community or a community of interest. Deadline: January 27, 2012. There is a $25 fee to apply. Info and app:
Grants using the Public Media Accelerator (http://publicmediax.org/) will support entrepreneurs with innovative ideas for strengthening the impact of public media. To be launched in March 2012 and operated by Public Media Exchange (http://www.prx.org/), the project will bolster public media’s role and provide funding for the development of apps, services, and media products. PMA will invest in both nonprofit and for-profit ventures. Full Article:
Eight grants will be offered to community clinics to transform their patient experience through the PEAC program. Clinics will receive $40K to devise and implement ongoing advancements in patient and staff satisfaction; create regional showcase sites to serve as demonstration models of exceptional patient and staff experience; develop and test standardized patient experience metrics; and link experience improvements to financial, clinical, operational, and strategic outcomes.
Info and app:
Deadline: February 10, 2012. An annual program of the Sundance Institute, the Sundance Creative Producing Fellowship is a year-long program designed to nurture emerging independent film producers with project-specific support through labs, grants, and long-term advisor relationships.
1) One week left to submit to One Shot: The City. Our sister effort’s themed competition where your work may be exhibited during the next month of photography Los Angeles (MOPLA).
2) The 9th annual Lucie Awards Recap – a wonderful evening full of photographic legends and the rising talents of photography.
3) 2012 Lucie Foundation Professional and Emerging scholarship process now open.
4) “A and I” Studios in Los Angeles print the 2011 international photography awards best of show currently on view at splash light studios.
5) Media partner Daylight Magazine issue number 9 now available.
6) Open call for submissions for Create:Fixate – deadline is January 10, 2012.
Full Newsletter: http://luciefoundation.org/newsletter/May_25_2011.html
Chosen from a pool of 300 applicants, this year’s fellows number fifty-two and include artists from the visual, performing, and literary arts. Forty-eight individuals and two collaborations will receive $50K. $15M has been awarded since 2006 to more than 300 hundred artists nationwide. United States Artists:
United States Artists Gives $2.5 Million Directly to Artists. United States Artists Press Release 12/05/11. Full Article: